GSN has been established for over 15 years
and provides a safety net for greyhounds who might not otherwise get the chance of a forever home,
We take in 'ordinary' greyhounds, as well as older, shy or more humble greyhounds.
More information about the Adoption process can be found here.
Please note: unless noted as cat-friendly, most greyhounds will not be considered safe around cats.
Please also note that we are unable to test greyhounds with chooks, guinea pigs, birds, or other small animals, so please consider this before applying for a greyhound if you have other small animals in the home.
We are proud that all GSN greyhounds are:
- Desexed, vaccinated, micro chipped, wormed, heartworm tested and health checked
- Shown how to be a pet by our trusted foster carers
- Will match the appropriate dog for your circumstance
- Introduce you to the foster carer so you can understand more about the greyhound’s personality and needs
- Offer ongoing support from your greyhound's foster carer and our Adoption Co-ordinator
- Provide each greyhound with a collar, lead and warm coat
Greyhounds for Adoption
Pet Exchange Register Source Number: RE100952
We don't adopt greyhounds by colour
Most greyhounds bred are black, and therefore there are very few other colours available for adoption. If you want a greyhound that is a specific colour (that is not black) we may not be able to help you because we match our dogs to applicants based on the personality of the individual dog and whether the applicant meets the dog's needs, not on the dog's colour.
Females vs Males?
While all our dogs have very individual personalities, we find our male greyhounds are as sweet, affectionate and loyal as our females.
Do you live in an Apartment?
It needs more commitment to care for a greyhound in an Apartment. So please read our information on the Greyhounds and apartment living page before you apply to adopt or foster a GSN greyhound.